Purchasing Manager Copper Raw materials
(temporary employment for 12 to 18 months)
Are you Boliden Commercial’s next Purchasing Manager of Copper Raw Materials? Are you inspired by securing the most profitable raw material mix long-term, while working in an international environment and in close cooperation with our smelters and purchasing team?
We are delivering high quality metal to industrial customers. Our aim is to be the most climate friendly and respected metal provider in the world. Boliden’s operations are based on experience, innovation and advanced technology, developed in partnership with Nordic technology and engineering companies.
Your primary task is to support the Smelters by securing the most profitable raw material mix within the technical constraints from long-term business partners with good ESG performance.
• Purchase raw materials to Boliden's smelters for maximized long-term profit
• Negotiate and execute a wide range of contracts. Oversee and follow up on planning of raw materials deliveries to optimize the raw material mix and inventory levels.
• Evaluate business partners’ ESG performance.
• Follow up and evaluate umpire laboratory performance.
• Contract coordination and follow-up of contract performance.
• From time to time, support Purchasing Managers for other raw materials. Represent Boliden at international industry events and conferences.
• Develop new markets.
• Continuously improve and develop our processes and tools according to the Lean principals
• Report and follow up KPI´s, analyze deviations and create action plans
• Frequent travelling is part of the role, both domestic and international.
• The position is based in Stockholm
We are looking for a person who takes initiative, is result oriented and is a team player with high social skills who can build long-term relations. You are inspired by problem solving, continues improvements, and have an eye for details.
To be considered for this position you have:
A relevant university/college degree
Technical and/or commercial experience from the raw materials industry
Proven skills in leadership, business analysis and conducting contract negotiations, along with a good written and spoken English
Experience in the metals and mining industry, pricing and risk management and additional language skills are an extra merit.
We would like you to share our core values; Care, Courage and Responsibility. In Boliden, all employees are actively involved in achieving a safe and good work environment and Health & safety are top priority.
Terms of employment
The position involves a fulltime temporary employment for 12 to 18 months. Salaries at Boliden are determined individually; therefore, please indicate your requested salary. Start date preferably January 2024.
For more information, please contact Manager Copper Raw Materials, Raymond Langevoort, email@example.com
We strive to achieve diversity among our employees and therefore welcome all applicants. Your application will be processed in accordance with the GDPR. Please send in your application with a CV.
Last day to apply is 15 December 2023