Are you a curious and energetic Internal Auditor looking for new job and career challenges? Would you like to be a part of a listed company that uses knowledge and foresight to shape the way we live, work and connect? If so, this might be your perfect job match.
Skanska is one of the world’s largest construction and development companies with business operations in the Nordics, Europe, and USA. Together with our customers and the collective expertise of our 30,000 + teammates, we build for a better society and aim to be a leader in sustainable solutions, quality, safety and ethics. We never stop thinking about reshaping the future.
We are now looking for a Senior Internal Auditor to join our journey. The European team team consist of one manager and seven auditors covering the Skanska operations in Europe. The position requires business travel covering the geography of all the Nordic Business Units including travelling to other Skanska BU’s which occasionally will occur. A Senior Internal Auditor is responsible to plan and lead the internal audit assignments defined by the auditplan within the Skanska Business Unites; Commercial Development Nordic, Skanska Sweden, Skanska Norway, Skanska Finland, BoKlok. The Senior Internal Auditor reports to SVP Internal Audit. Preferably, we would prefer that position to be located at the head office in Stockholm, but we are open to other locations in Sweden
About the role
Internal Audit is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization's operations. Internal Audit and Compliance is to increase shareholder value by:
• Provide independent and objective assurance services designed to improve the internal control environment within Skanska Group.
• Ensure Group compliance with applicable laws and listing requirements relating to Internal Control.
• Support the organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes within the Skanska Group.
In addition to regular audits, conducting investigations of possible ethical breaches is included in the role.
What we offer
As an employee at Skanska you will become an important part of our journey towards a better society. You will work in an international, multicultural, and cross functional environment with colleagues in many different countries. Our competent, innovative and motivated people are our most important asset, and we care deeply about our employees´ wellbeing, personal development and growth. We offer a stimulating work environment with attractive benefits and a culture of openness, cooperation and respect.
Required skills and experiences
A Senior Internal Auditor is analytical, curious and have the ability to build trust. It is also of high importance that a Senior Internal Auditor is a driven person and have a high working capacity. Furthermore, a Senior Internal Auditor need to have operational knowledge and communication skills both in writing (English) and orally.
Valuable experience for the role is minimum 6-8 years in a Financial and/or accounting background, alternative a solid operational track record. Experience of working in an international company is a plus.
Required skills and qualifications are:
• Understanding of International Financing Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Familiarity and understanding of project execution, project controls and how a project operates is a strong plus.
• Ability to interview project staff and understand and analyze project issues, controls and risks is necessary.
• Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills, experience with multiple computer systems and their functions.
• Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
• Ability to solve problems, draw conclusions from raw data, have critical thinking skills.
• Act and operate independently with minimal direction.
• Ability to build trust and maintain positive working relationships with BU senior leadership and project management executives.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or similar operational experience from construction industry
• Experience in finance, accounting, auditing, or project operations required.
• Strong understanding of internal controls, governance, risk, and compliance
Welcome to submit your application!
Skanska is cooperating with Sharp Recruitment & Consultants in this recruitment process. Please contact Ron Cohen on +46 73 518 51 88, email@example.com, for questions regarding the company and/or the position.
All applications will be reviewed, and interviews will be performed continuously. The position may be filled before the application deadline, so do not wait to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!